The Mott Archive
Two Miles From Heaven
The official Mott The Hoople Appreciation Society (MTHAS for short) has been launched with the full approval of Verden Allen, Dale Griffin, Ian Hunter, Mick Ralphs and Pete Watts who have all agreed to make themselves available for exclusive interviews which will be published in the Society's magazine, "Two Miles From Heaven."
the MTHAS has a few simple aims:
- to provide a regular magazine for enthusiasts
- a vehicle for fans to keep in touch with news about the group members as well other fans from around the world
- to build the ultimate archive of pictures, cuttings and memorabilia of Mott The Hoople
- Issue One of "Two Miles From Heaven" was published in April 1999. Dale Griffin and Mick Ralphs interviewed.
- Issue Two was published in December 1999. Overend Watts and Verden Allen interviewed.
- Issue Three was published in May 2000. Ian Hunter and Morgan Fisher interviewed.
- Issue Four was published in February 2001. John Fiddler and Dicken (Mr Big) interviewed.
- Issue Five was published in November 2001. Ian Hunter and Joe Elliott interviewed.
- Issue Six was published in March 2003. Mick Ralphs interviewed.
- Issue Seven was published in September 2004. Ian Hunter and Ray Majors interviewed.
A four-issue subscription is now available; the cost is £14 UK pounds (UK), £16 UK pounds (Europe) and £22 UK pounds (rest of the world). Contact information is reprinted below.
a message from Keith Smith, the editor:
I would welcome any contributions from MTHAS members. If you fancy yourself as a journalist or a critic let me have your articles, reviews etc. Also I would be very interested in publishing any rare or unseen photographs or cuttings. Obviously, anything you send in will be returned to you, so don't forget to put your name and address on any contribution that you make to the magazine.
If you are interested in finding out more about the MTHAS, or want to subscribe to "Two Miles From Heaven" please send SAE (stamped addressed envelope ) in the UK or 2xIRC (international reply coupons) from other countries, to:
Mott The Hoople Appreciation Society
Cee Dee Mail Order
PO Box 14
Suffolk IP14 4UD
Credit card hotline: (+44) 1-449-770-139
Telephone enquiries: (+44) 1-449-770-138
Fax: (+44) 1-449-770-133
this page is part of the Mott Archive website - click here for more info